Srprs.me trip #2 - I found out at the airport that my surprise trip was to _____!!

Saturday, March 10, 2018


photo from Burst.com

So now I have srprs.me trip # 2 under my belt and instead of writing about the trip as it happened in real time this time, I decided to do a recap of how amazing and kick ass I think srprs.me was and what I ended up doing on my trip.

So first of all I would like to mention that part of the success that people will find with being happy on their surprise trip is what type of mindset they go into the trip with.

If you're skeptical, afraid of flying budget airlines, or want every little bit of the trip planned out then I don't think that srprs.me would be a trip for you. I knew from the get-go that I would be flying either Ryan Air or Transavia since I only paid 150 euros for my trip (at that price, I'm surprised I didn't get put on the wing of the plane).

But if you're like me and you just want to get away, you're tired of your routine and need something to jumpstart your adrenaline again then read on! Here are a few of my take aways from my second trip:

My srprs.me consultant was very friendly and answered any questions I had by email. The company gives you the option to leave a note to let them know which three cities you do not want to travel to and any other comments. I used this section to make it clear that I was going on a "singles celebration trip" right after breaking up with my boyfriend so that they would know that I wanted a party city with things to do by myself. I'm not sure if that made a difference but they did send me to a very lively city with lots to do and nightlife for singles.
So if you're into war history, partying or something in between, then maybe put something in the comment box of what you're looking for. You won't receive unless you ask!

The company motto is "you'll go wherever you're meant to go" which has been true for me in the last two trips I went on. The first trip I ended up in Nice- Nice is an ancient Roman city named after the goddess of war, Nike.
This was around the time that I was applying for jobs and I actually had an interview with a company that did advertising for Nike. It was almost as if the universe was listening to me.

This time (I'm not ready to reveal the location yet!) I ended up winding up and down the narrow streets looking for nothing in particular, and felt the cities energy fill me up when I went on the trip feeling very low. It's as if I went there to recharge with the beautiful energy of the streets.

photo from Burst.com


So what are YOU looking for? Where are you meant to go? Or more importantly, what are you waiting for? For 150 euros, I had a four day vacation in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Lisbon. Write me to tell me where you end up!



1 comment:

  1. This is such an informative post. You have a lot of really great points. I wish I had this post as a resource when I started blogging.
    emirates id Service.

    ReplyDelete